Thursday, April 15, 2010

Facial Massage? Yes Please.

So, something we can do for our faces that feels great and helps relax our muscles is massage. I have a lot of muscle tension problems, especially when I have to play a lot. The biggest trouble I have is that it's hard to massage your own face. It takes a lot of pressure and muscle to work out the knots that can develop in a horn player's jaw, and quite frankly, I just don't have that much muscle. I tend to get cramps in my arms and hands. Lucky for me, my husband bought me a cute little personal massager. It's cute, meaning reasonably compact, and very affordable for college student budgets. I found mine at Walmart. It keeps the tension out of your arms, gets the tension out of your face, and is relaxing. It also comes with several attachments, so you can use it for arms, back, etc., and a plug in cord means you won't waste tons of money on batteries. It's also great for getting the blood flowing and loosening up the embouchure muscles after a heavy playing load.

No comments:

Post a Comment